I’m sure we will all agree that getting our business out in front of potential customers is a necessary part of making sales or having any kind of business in today’s world.
The issue with traditional “old school” advertising, such as newspaper, radio, and television ads, is that they cost an arm and a leg and may produce little or even no return on investment.
Doing all your marketing and advertising online may be a better option.
You can track the effectiveness of each advertisement, do side by side comparisons and adjustments to increase your ROI.
Then, once you have it down to a science you can focus your marketing strategies on the techniques that are the most profitable.
Here are some free online marketing methods that you may want to take a look at for your business:
- Partner up with another expert in your field. Network to consider joining forces with another brand. You can then offer a more valuable product together than either one of you could offer on your own.
In addition to offering immense value, you’ll automatically get the attention of both audiences, resulting in more sales and adding more leads to your email auto-responder.
In the future, these new leads can drive more sales of another one of your products.
Partnering, even it’s on one marketing campaign, can bring long-term benefits to both of parties involved.
- Find a way to build, nurture, and encourage user-generated content. If you can get user-generated content by having engagement with your audience your website will grow without you having to create your own content. This type of content also increases your website visitors. Enable comments on your website and contribute to the discussions.
Always allow visitors to submit their own articles and encourage guest posts from other experts in the field.
- Introduce affiliate marketing to the mix. When you create an affiliate program for your business, you will be getting other experts in your field and the public to send business your way. This can be mutually beneficial, and you will only be paying commissions (after the sale) if the affiliate makes a sale.
As with the partnering strategy, a number of these new website visitors will sign up for your email list, even if they don’t buy something their first time they visit, bringing you long-term benefits and sales.
- Be social! There are millions of users visiting the various social media platforms daily, so it makes sense for your business to have a presence.
Share funny or interesting memes, images, or videos that are relevant to your niche or business.
Here are 4 quick guidelines:
- Post insights and valuable information.
- Let your audience know when you have a sale on your products. Give your social media followers coupons or discounts.
- Encourage engagement by participating in discussions. Ask questions and answer theirs.
- Run a survey, poll, or contest.
In turn, these will then be shared by your followers, increasing your reach and ultimately resulting in more sales of your products or services.
- Use free online tools. There are plenty of tools online that can help your business. You can sign up for websites that will enable you to create free surveys, or you can use a free online service to send emails to your customers. You do not have to pay a premium to receive top-notch service.
- Change and reuse old advertisements. Rather than going through the expensive route of creating new articles with every marketing campaign, try reusing parts of an advertisement that worked well. This will save you time and expense.
Plus, keeping consistent brand imagery through every ad will help with brand recognition too.
- Build an email list. If people are visiting your website, chances are good that they are interested in what you have to offer. Make a form available for them to join your email list and be kept in the loop about future product releases or special offers.
Once they’ve signed up to this email list, you can send emails to these prospects with news and further information about your products. Let them know whenever something goes on sale.
Email marketing is one of the best ways to drive sales. Treat your list members like gold, because that’s what they are to you and your business.
- Create some video content. Video content is incredibly important nowadays as the younger generation would rather watch a video than read a blog post. If you can create interesting videos, you’ll create interest in your brand.
It’s certainly possible to do online marketing without spending money. Some of these methods might take some time and effort to implement, though, before you see profits.
For example, it can take a while to build an email list. However, once you have a list, making sales can be as easy as sending out an email to your list. Once you’ve built a social media following, making sales can be as easy as making a post on your social media accounts.
If you want to see an immediate ROI, like for a special promotion, you may want to consider paying for ads online. But if funds are tight, be patient as you put these free strategies into place, and soon you’ll have plenty of ways to make immediate sales for free.